Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A New Way of Looking at Things!

Well I'm still trucking along, nothing really big to discuss. I am going to weigh in this Thursday or Friday. Hopefully I can confirm another little weight loss.
I had another chicken breast and green beans today when Baleigh and I went for a late lunch at Cracker Barrell.
It was funny, I found myself looking at all of the things on the menu and viewing them completely different than I had before. The coke my daughter got, the only thing I could think was, that is about 120 calories. They brought biscuits to the table, though they smelled delicious. I realized that one day I may be able to have 1 with my dinner, but not the 2 or 3 I would have eaten in the past. I got my chicken breast and once again cut it into a million pieces and could hardly finish it. Another thing I noticed as I ordered my green beans is that normally with grilled chicken I would have had double carrots thinking I was eating good. The menu listed that each serving of carrots had 15 grams of carbs. WOW, OMGoodness! That means I would have normally eaten chicken, running each piece through ketchup, ate 30 grams of carbs with carrots and chased it with a couple of cokes and all of this on a day that I claimed to be eating healthier! And you don't even want to know what I order when we go for breakfast! I may still have to splurge on the french toast when all this is over. lol :D
All in all it is just a new way of looking at food! Sure hope it sticks with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment