Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Here Goes Nothing...

I decided to start this blog to track my new weight loss journey. I figured it would give me an outlet to vent without boring all of my friends with the day-to-day thoughts and details throughout the process.
For those that don't know, my name is Beth Larkin and I have been happily married for 15 years and have two beautiful children. I was extremely small during my childhood and young adult life and never gave weight a second thought. After the suicide of my brother and being diagnosed with hypothyroidism I began packing on weight and had gotten up to about 165 lbs at around 23 years old while in college. I then became pregnant with my beautiful daughter and stayed around 180 after everything settled down after having her. I then had my sweet baby boy 2yrs later and stayed around 215 after having him. I have slowly crept up from there over the last 10 years and am now at my all time high at just a few pounds shy of 250 lbs.
I have many health issues, I assure you more than you want to be bored with, but I am to the point where I am becoming crippled and can barely make it through the day due to major problems with my feet and the weight that they are carrying daily.
My outside doesn't not reflect the woman that I am on the inside, I truly feel trapped in my own body and am simply fed up with it. I am not a yo yo dieter and have never lost a substantial amount of weight. I should own stock in Weight Watchers and have purchased every kind of workout equipment that is imaginable to man and never any results. Can't blame any of it, I simply didn't commit.
I am now going to start a medically monitored weight loss program called New Direction through Baptist hospital in Jackson. It starts out as an all liquid diet for around 12 weeks. I know it is going to be hard, but I really want to do this and be successful at it. I want to learn new habits as well as identify my bad ones. I want God to help me change my relationship with food and take care of the body he has given me. I go this Thursday, June 11th and get all of my blood work and tests done and then I am on my way.
Wish me luck, all prayers appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Beth, that is the same diet that Barbie Bassett did and she now weighs less than she did in high school. I pray that you have as much success with it and she has. I look forward to following along with your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this..I'll be praying for you and I hope all goes well...When you get a minute email me. This might be something I'm interested in. I just looked @ it online but have a few questions...Take care girl and Good Luck.

    my email is chondabell@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete