Friday, June 12, 2009

Thou Shalt Not Covet the Grilled Cheese!

Oh mercy, Day 1! What can I say, it's been a day. I know that God uses the weirdest circumstances to bring us into a closer relationship with him and this is definitely gonna be one of those circumstances.
I really haven't been hungry today, but I must confess, Baleigh made her a grill cheese sandwich and it gave a whole new meaning to the work covet! lol :D
The shakes taste good, vanilla is a little strong tasting kinda like cake batter, but good.
I however; did make a big boo boo, I am a big time coke drinker and I went all day with no caffeine. Public service announcement: DO NOT QUIT CAFFEINE COLD TURKEY!
It does make you realize just how addicted you can get to things, looks like I will be trying to whip two addictions at once.
I didn't inflict this torture on myself intentionally, I am a sipper and I knew if I drank a diet coke (which is allowed) I wouldn't get my water in.
I was in McComb with Baleigh and a headache and nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. Still suffering the repercussions of that.
I had to get out at the grocery store and when I got back in Baleigh had read the sheet that listed all of the side effects and said, "Momma this will all be over in a week." How tweet!
If all this wasn't bad enough, when I unloaded a bunch of meat into my two upright freezers yesterday, the door didn't catch, so I, the woman who can eat no solid food, is having to cook two deep freezers worth of meat so I can refreeze it and it won't waste. Ugh!
Get behind me Satan! lol I will not be defeated though, for some reason it makes me just that much more determined. I may not be such a pleasure to be around this first week, but it will work out.
Pat has been absolutely wonderful. I said, "Aren't you excited, your gonna love your skinnier new wife when this is over" and he said "I couldn't love her any more than I love her right now". He is even cooking all of the deer meat on the grill because the smell is strong. My Aunt who will start this program next week has text me encouragement all day long. I love her so much and know she will be with me every step of the way.
Anyway, this blog is truly gonna be therapy for me, it looks like I have almost survived day 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment