Monday, June 22, 2009

Weigh-In #1 and I'm stoked!!

I usually blog at night, but I just got back from my 1st weigh in and I am sooooo excited. I have lost 11 1/2 lbs. Woo Hoo!
It just makes it all worth it to here I have lost.
The nurse was wonderful and talked to me and with me through some things. She asked me what the hardest part had been and I told her I had done good for the most part, but sometimes would simply crave food and that I had trouble if I didn't pace my shakes. She made so much sense when she said, "Beth, those foods are gonna be there when this is over." Never really thought of it that way. She did tell me my cholesterol was 241 which is high and will be monitored and that my sugar level was at the very top of the high range. Hope I can avoid the diabetes thing by getting this weight off.
I knew I was serious about this when I went to a funeral yesterday and took a small cooler with a shake, two pickle spears, a sugar free jello and my water. I couldn't help but laugh at my goofy looking self! lol :D
Oh well, won't keep ya, just had to blurt out my good news!
Oh, I almost forgot, for the ladies in my community who keep coming up to me and say that they are praying for me and supporting me in this journey, THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart. You will never know how much it means to me and keeps my spirits high, as well as making me accountable. God has blessed me tremendously with the community that I live in!

4 comments:

  1. Way to go Beth! You are awesome and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations girl! That is wonderful! I know there will be some really tough days, but keep it up. It will be worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I didn't get to make my meeting up there due to meetings here in my office. But I am so excited for you! I know you are already feeling better and I am still and will continue to pray for you in this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAH!!! You go...that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete