Saturday, July 11, 2009

Markdown Miracles

You know, just when we think we have everything under control, God gives us a little wink to let us know whose hands we truly remain in.
I had to run to Brookhaven today to get my Blackberry repaired because Baleigh broke it on accident last night. As the old post have stated, instead of the diet getting easier, it has actually gotten more difficult for me as I have gone, but I'm hanging in there.
I knew my clothes had changed because I have had to wear a belt with everything including my shorts and I realized that I still could grab a hand of material in the seat of my shorts, SOOOO I thought, I am by myself and already in Brookhaven, I am gonna drop by Cato's and try on some clothes. In my heart I knew that if I hadn't gone down a size in clothing, nobody would be there to witness the tragedy or the meltdown in the fitting room! lol
I started in a size 22 at the beginning of my diet and new that the shorts I was wearing was a 20, so I took a deep breath and picked up an 18. It was as if I had stolen the clothing, I creeped to the dressing room as to not be noticed. I guess I thought others were thinking, "She knows she isn't gonna be able to get into that." However, I went on in and the process began. I stepped into the first pair of pants and SLOWLY and I mean SLOWLY pulled them up thinking any minute they were going to stop far short of their destination because they didn't fit, guess what, they didn't! Ha! I thought. They must have been cut a little big. Piece after piece I tried on all of the clothes and to my delight the size 18 now fits. I truly can't remember the last time I was in an 18. I realize to many that size sounds really big, but to me that means the beginning of a new journey and a brighter future. God new just what I needed and when I needed it. Imagine that! So with sheer excitement I got several items off of the sale rack and boldly laid them on the checkout counter, as to say, "I" would like to buy these and by the way, they are 2 sizes smaller than I bought last time! I just smiled on the inside and thanked God for the confirmation that I am making a change in my life for the better.
Thank you Lord for the "Markdown Miracles"!

2 comments: